Importance Of Security And Customer Privacy
The Bank of Wiggins considers security a top priority. When it comes to our customers, we recognize the importance of privacy and we take the protection of our customer’s personal information very seriously.
Contents of this site including any and all information, products offerings & services, and any terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. All registered and unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners, unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited in whole or in part. Bank of Wiggins owns the copyright to these pages, screens, text, recordings and images that may appear on this site, unless it is otherwise indicated.
Please read this policy in full before using the Bank of Wiggins’ website. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not access this site, any of its pages or tools including our online Banking products.
Unauthorized Use Of Website And Online Banking
Unauthorized use of this site and related systems ( including but not limited to online Banking services), unauthorized entry into our online Banking system, internal network, missuse of passwords, or any information posted on our website or within our online Banking environment is strictly prohibited.
Information Sent Via E-Mail
Do not send sensitive personal information, such as account numbers, social security numbers, logon ids, passwords, etc. Via regular e-mail. Once you have signed onto online Banking, a secure portal is provided that will enable you to send and receive secure messages to and from Bank support personnel.
Please be advised that the Bank of Wiggins will never correspond directly to our customers via e-mail, text or phone to inquire about account numbers, social security numbers, passwords, or any other sensitive information. If you receive correspondence from someone claiming to be from the Bank of Wiggins, please do not provide any information. If you feel your information has been compromised, please contact us immediately at 601-928-5233.
Information Collected And Its Use
In order to provide quality customer service and to remain in compliance with state and federal laws, the Bank of Wiggins may need to obtain and retain the following types of information:
- Information we receive from e-mails, applications, or other forms used to conduct your Banking services & transactions.
- Information provided when enrolling in online Banking used to verify identity.
- Bank of Wiggins does not sell or share any customer information for marketing purposes
- The Bank may share customer information with non-affiliated third parties that
perform services for the Bank. The Bank may also share customer information with non-affiliated third parties in the following cases: (1) at the request or with permission of the customer; (2) in connection with a business transaction involving the Bank such as a sale, merger or transfer of all or a portion of the Bank’s business; (3) when the Bank is legally required or permitted to do so such as in response to civil, criminal or regulatory investigation or legal process; (4) when providing information to consumer reporting agencies such as credit bureaus or to federal and state law enforcement or the internal revenue service, as authorized or required by federal or state law.
Bank of Wiggins protects confidential information submitted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology establishes a “secure” internet session and encodes the data submitted to the Bank of Wiggins website, ensuring information is only accessible to an authorized Bank of Wiggins employee or authorized representative.
Third Party Service Providers
In order to provide quality customer service to our customers, Bank of Wiggins contracts with outside vendors. These companies are under contract with the Bank of Wiggins and are bound by contract to protect our customer’s privacy of sensitive personal information. These types of providers must comply with applicable written contract agreements, which include G.L.B.A. compliance. Access for technical support is limited to the system for which the vendor was contracted.
Links To Other Sites
The Bank of Wiggins is not responsible for, and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or graphics of the websites that have links on our site. Once you leave the Bank of Wiggins’ website, this policy no longer applies. Links to sites outside of the Bank of Wiggins are provided for your convienience. We do however strive to provide links to reprutable organizations. Please contact us immediately at 601-928-5233 with any concerns or comments.
Calculators And Online Tools
Bank of Wiggins may offer handy online calculators and tools that enable a customer to estimate interest, payments, etc. Please be advised that these tools calculate estimates only, and the Bank of Wiggins is not responsible for inaccuracies that my be generated with the use of these tools. In the event you discover any inaccuracy, please contact us at 601-928-5233, and we will investigate and resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Keeping Information Current And Accurate
The Bank of Wiggins is committed to providing our customers with current and accurate information. In the event you ever find our records are inaccurate or out of date, please do not hesitate to contact us at 601-928-5233 and we will review and correct the information as rapidly as possible.
ONLINE BANKING FRAUD PREVENTION BEST PRACTICES
THE FOLLOWING ARE BEST PRACTICE TIPS FOR USING YOUR BANK OF WIGGINS ONLINE BANKING SESSION. HOWEVER, THESE ARE ALSO GOOD RULES TO FOLLOW WITH ANY ONLINE TRANSACTION AT OTHER SIGHTS AS WELL. PLEASE CONSIDER USING THESE SUGGESTIONS TO INCREASE YOUR PROTECTION FROM ONLINE FRAUD.
USER ID AN PASSWORD GUIDELINES
· CREATE A “STRONG” PASSWORD WITH AT LEAST 8 CHARACTERS THAT INCLUDES A COMBINATION OF MIXED CASE LETTERS, NUMBERS AND SPECIAL CHARACTERS (EX. $, #, @, &, etc.).
· CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD FREQUENTLY.
· NEVER SHARE USERNAME AND PASSWORD INFORMATION WITH ANYONE, ESPECIALLY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS.
· AVOID USING AN AUTOMATIC LOGIN FEATURE THAT SAVES USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS.
· DO NOT USE PUBLIC OR OTHER UNSECURED COMPUTERS FOR LOGGING INTO ONLINE BANKING.
(for example, an Internet café or library)
· CHECK YOUR LAST LOGIN DATE/TIME EVERY TIME YOU LOG IN.
· REVIEW ACCOUNT BALANCES AND DETAIL TRANSACTIONS REGULARLY (PREFERABLY DAILY) TO CONFIRM PAYMENT AND OTHER TRANSACTION DATA AND IMMEDIATELY REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTION TO YOUR BANK.
· VIEW TRANSFER HISTORY AVAILABLE THROUGH VIEWING ACCOUNT ACTIVITY INFORMATION IN YOU ONLINE BANKING SESSION.
· WHENEVER POSSIBLE, USE ONLINE PAYMENTS INSTEAD OF CHECKS TO LIMIT ACCOUNT NUMBER DISSEMINATION EXPOSURE TO OBTAIN BETTER ELECTRONIC RECORD KEEPING.
· TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AND REGULARLY VIEW SYSTEM ALERTS THAT ARE APPLICABLE TO YOUR ONLINE SESSION; EXAMPLES INCLUDE:
o BALANCE ALERTS
o TRANSFER ALERTS
o PASSWORD CHANGE ALERTS
· DO NOT USE ACCOUNT NUMBERS, YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, OR OTHER ACCOUNT OR PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN CREATING ACCOUNT NICKNAMES OR OTHER TITLES.
· WHENEVER POSSIBLE, REGISTER YOUR COMPUTER TO AVOID HAVING TO RE-ENTER CHALLENGE QUESTIONS AND OTHER AUTHENTICATION INFORMATION WITH EACH LOGIN. REMEMBER IF IT IS A SHARED OR PUBLIC COMPUTER IT IS BEST NOT TO REGISTER THE COMPUTER.
· REVIEW HISTORICAL FEATURES OF YOUR ONLINE BANKING APPLICATION ON A REGULAR BASIS TO CONFIRM PAYMENT AND OTHER TRANSACTION DATE LOCATED ON THE TRANSFER HISTORY OPTION IN YOUR ONLINE BANKING SESSION.
· NEVER LEAVE A COMPUTER UNATTENDED WHILE USING ONLINE BANKING.
· NEVER CONDUCT BANKING TRANSACTIONS WHILE MULTIPLE BROWSERS ARE OPEN ON YOUR COMPUTER.
· ALWAYS LOG OUT OF YOUR ONLINE SESSION AND CLOSE YOUR BROWSER WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR SESSION.
TIPS TO PROTECT ONLINE PAYMENTS AND ACCOUNT DATA
· WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED A TRANSACTION, ENSURE YOU LOG OFF TO CLOSE THE CONNECTION WITH THE BANK’S SESSION.
· USE SEPARATE ACCOUNTS FOR ELECTRONIC AND PAPER TRANSACTIONS TO SIMPLIFY MONITORING AND TRACKING ANY DISCREPANCIES.
· RECONCILE BY CAREFULLY MONITORING ACCOUNT ACTIVITY AND REVIEWING ALL TRANSACTIONS INITIATED BY YOUR COMPUTER ON A DAILY BASIS.
TIPS TO AVOID PHISHING, SPYWARE AND MALWARE
· DO NOT OPEN E-MAIL FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES. BE SUSPICIOUS OF E-MAILS PURPORTING TO BE FROM A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION, GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT, OR OTHER AGENCY REQUESTIN ACCOUNT INFORMATION, ACCOUNT VERIFICATION, OR BANING ACCESS CREDENTIALS SUCH AS USERNAMES, PASSWORDS, PIN CODES, AND SIMILAR INFORMATION. OPENING FILE ATTACHMENTS OR CLICKING ON WEB LINKS IN SUSPICIOUS E-MAILS COULD EXPOSE YOUR SYSTEM TO MALICIOUS CODE THAT COULD HIJACK YOUR COMPUTER.
· NEVER RESPOND TO A SUSPICIOUS E-MAIL OR CLICK ON ANY HYPERLINK EMBEDDED IN A SUSPICIOUS E-MAIL. CALL THE PURPORTED SOURCE IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHO SENT AN E-MAIL.
· IF AN E-MAIL CLAIMING TO BE FROM YOUR BANK SEEMS SUSPICIOUS, CONTACTING THE BANK IMMEDIATELY WOULD BE APPROPRIATE.
· INSTALL ANTI-VIRUS AND SPYWARE DETECTION SOFTWARE ON ALL COMPUTER SYSTEMS. FREE SOFTWARE MAY NOT PROVIDE PROTECTION AGAINS THE LATES THREATS COMPARED WITH AN INDUSTRY STANDARD PRODUCT.
· UPDATE ALL OF YOUR COMPUTERS REGULARLY WITH THE LATEST VERSIONS AND PATCHES OF BOTH ANTI-VIRUS AND ANTI-SPYWARE SOFTWARE.
· ENSURE COMPUTERS ARE PATCHED REGULARLY, PARTICULARLY OPERATING SYSTEM AND KEY APPLICATIONS WITH SECURITY PATCHES.
· INSTALL A DEDICATED, ACTIVELY MANAGED FIREWALL, ESPECIALLY IF USING A BROADBAND OR DEDICATED CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET, SUCH AS DSL OR CABLE. A FIREWALL LIMITS THE POTENTIAL OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR NETWORK OR COPUTERS. CONTACT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER FOR SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS.
· CHECK SETTINGS AND SELECT, AT LEAST, A MEDIUM LEVEL OF SEUCRITY FOR YOUR BROWSERS.
· CLEAR BROWSER CACHE BEFORE STARTING AN ONLINE BANKING SESSION IN ORDER TO ELIMINATE COPIES OF WEB PAGES THAT HAVE BEEN STORED ON THE HARD DRIVE. HOW THE CASHE IS CLEARED DEPENDS ON THE BROWSER AND VERSION YOU ARE USING. THIS FUNCTION IS GENERALLY FOUND IN THE BROWSER’S PREFERENCE MENU.
AGAIN, THESE ARE TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS THAT CAN INCREASE YOUR PROTECTION AND HELP PREVENT FRAUD WHEN TRANSACTING ONLINE.
THE BANK OF WIGGINS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THESE PROCEDURES WILL COMPLETELY PROTECT YOU FROM THE EVERCHANGING FRAUD ATTACKS, BUT IT WILL DECREASE THE LIKELYHOOD OF AN OCCURANCE.